a thousand miles behind

Friday, June 09, 2006

tromsø i årene framover

I was invited to participate in a workshop about the international future of Tromsø. Like most things I do in town, I went into it not really knowing what to expect. As it turned out, there were about 25 people who represented different organizations, politics, media, art, etc. taking part in this workshop and we focused on how Tromsø was going to participate and contribute on an international level in the years to come. By the end of the workshop we had pulled out four main ideas - two completely new ideas and two ideas that are already in place - and made proposals for the mayor explaining how and why these things should happen. I was in the group that discussed the implementation and construction of a Mandela house where all different organizations, people, clubs, researchers, etc. could come together and plan and present and propose and engage and discuss and research and problem solve and raise money and feel at home, and so on and so forth, in order to provide people livining in Tromsø - where ever they are from - with a place and platform from which they can act globally in our local society. I think it is a really great idea and I hope that I can continue to contribute to its development. So this workshop was both fun and energizing. I'll keep you up to date on the development of the Mandela house during the coming months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home