a thousand miles behind

Friday, June 02, 2006

me? i'll be at the press conference at city hall.

I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I volunteered to be Redd Barna's (Save the Children's) representative at the 46664 Mandela Concert One Year Anniversary Festivities in Tromsø next weekend. But I had to go to a press conference today, where everyone involved in the celebration explained what they were going to do. It went fine. Because I am drawing pictures and making birthday cards for Nelson Mandela with kids for eight hours next weekend. Talk about hilarious and fun! In fact, I really got into the spirit when I was milling around City Hall before the press conference started and looking at some drawings that local school kids had made of "researchers." There were maybe 20 drawings and each one was more fantastic than the next. One kid drew a picture of someone researching rock and roll. Another kid drew a frustrated researcher whose head was about to explode. And another one drew a female perfume researcher who had gotten real famous. Word. So press conference or no press conference, I'd draw pictures with kids anyway.

I'll be in the Tromsø newspaper for the fourth time since August tomorrow. They can't get enough of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home