a thousand miles behind

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

just a foreigner

The utlendingskontoret (office for foreigners) at the police station in Tromsø closes every day at 2:30. Not only that, but they are closed every Wednesday, as well. That makes sense. Us foreigners never need to get things done on Wednesdays, nor do we ever need to speak to anyone at - say - 3:00 or - God forbid - 3:45.

And speaking of foreigners. I've adjusted the lyrics of my favorite - well, second favorite - "Foreigner" song so they better reflect my feelings towards the utlendingskontoret here in Tromsø.

Utlendingskontoret, you're as cold as ice, you're willing to sacrifice my residence permit
You never take advice, someday you'll pay the price - by not making as much money as you could if you stayed open later, I know
I've seen it before, it happens all the time - like every Wednesday
You're closing the door really early, you leave the world of refugees and immigrants and study abroad students behind
You're digging for gold, you're throwing away time you could spend stamping my passport
A fortune in feelings, but someday you'll pay

You're as cold as ice, utlendingskontoret, you're willing to sacrifice our already rocky relationship
You want paradise, but someday you'll pay the price when you aren't able to afford a cruise in the Bahamas cause you don't work on Wednesdays, I know
I've seen it before, it happens all the time
You're closing the door quite literally in my face - and then locking it, you leave the world behind
You're digging for gold, you're throwing away
A fortune in feelings, but someday you'll pay

(solo)

Cold as ice - you know that you are, utlendingskontoret
Cold as ice - as cold as ice to me and all other foreigners in this town
Cold as ice
You're as cold as ice, cold as ice, I know, yes I know all too well
You're as cold as ice, cold as ice, I know, oh yes I know
You're as cold as ice, cold as ice, I know, oh yes I know
You're as cold as ice... (to fade)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:22 AM , Blogger Panama said...

    Den sangen var helt fantastisk. Håper alt gikk i orden på UD.
    UD. Hvem tror de de er? Forresten så sto jeg 2 timer i kø (og det pessregna) utenfor den amerikanske ambassaden da jeg skulle få visum til usa. Sånt der er visst ikke enkelt uansett hvor man vil være(",)Gleder meg til å se deg! KLEM,PANAMA

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home