a thousand miles behind

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

you can take your social commentary and...

My friend Stian told me that there wasn't enough social commentary or political critique in my "onjo." At first I thought: Maybe I should write more about important political and economic issues and current international events. Maybe I should go on for endless paragraphs about democracy and globalization. Maybe I should complain a lot about the social systems and structures that uphold and promote all the "isms" of the world. Maybe my "onjo" can save the world!
And then I thought: There are enough boring farts out there doing that already; wining and complaining and secretly hoping their "onjos" get famous and win Pulitzers. If people want social commentary, there are far better and more legitimate ways to get it. Try reading international newspapers, or subscribing to journals, or reading books, or talking to people, etc. etc. But don't get it from "onjos," where it'll eventually get lost among the bazillions and gazillions of e-tons of worthless shit out there in the www.
I'll stick to keeping people updated about what's going on in my life. You can get social commentary elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home