a thousand miles behind

Sunday, November 27, 2005

gdansk

Headline: Weather in Poland Just Like Weather in Tromso.

I am taking a break from putting the finishing touches on my exam essays in order to tell you about the weather in Gdansk, Poland. The ten-day forecast is snowy and 32 degrees F.
I am assuming that "snowy" also means "sunny," and if it doesn't, well, I'm not going. (No, I'll still go. I'll just have to make my own internal sunshine somehow.)
Oddly enough, the forecast here in Tromso for the next ten days is snowy and 28 degress F. That's an average of four degrees colder, so the frost-bite will take longer to set in in Gdansk. Hurray!
I've only ever owned one thing that's Polish - as far as I know - and that's a ring that I bought in Alaska. I love the ring, so it must be a good sign. And I would choose a Polish over a Bratwurst anyday, so that's also a good sign. (But I'd choose an Oscar Meyer weiner over both.)
Poland is gonna be excellent.


Other noteworthy headlines: Peterson Traumatized by Terrifying Brownie Incident.

Scott and I were supposed to bring a dessert to this Thanksgiving dinner last night, and I thought "just-add-water" chocolate brownies would be both easy and delicious. Clearly, Norwegian brownies are not the same as American brownies (despite that the package says "American Brownies" right on it.) They looked really good from the top, you know, all brown and smooth. But then the edges started getting really hard and the inside remained like soup.
I prefer not to eat my brownies with a spoon, and if I had put them in the oven for any longer they would have caught on fire. I had to abandon the project.
My roommates Hanne and Andre thought they were perfect...weirdos.


Pokojowy, friends. Pokojowy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home