a thousand miles behind

Sunday, November 20, 2005

girly boys and boyly girls

I started writing exam number two this week. Number two, part one, that is. The topic I have chosen is gender and war/peace/power. It's a very interesting subject. Andre and I have had some pretty intense discussions on the topic, and although we do not see eye to eye, I think we both learn something in the process. When I finish this paper, I have to start writing the second one, which will be about conflict resolution in relation to varying definitions of conflict.

My friends Anne and Sigrid came to Tromso! I worked with these two fantastiske ladies at Skogfjorden last summer and both of them are now studying in Trondheim...drama and education, respectively. Anne lived in Tromso for the last couple of years, so she was especially excited to come and see friends, experience the darkness, go out on the town, etc. Sigrid gladly came along for the ride. It has been very fun having them stay at the apartment and I will be sad when they go back down south. I'll just have to plan my own visit to Trondheim next semester.

Send me good exam-writing vibes. I have a lot to do before next Monday...but when it's all over, I'm off to Poland! Stone-washed jeans, here I come! And I'm buying a pair for you, too, Marit.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home