a thousand miles behind

Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's Hans Olav.

Hey! I'm in Oslo! It is nice to be off the island.....no, I wasn't voted off, I chose to leave. I flew down yesterday (Wednesday) and will be staying until Sunday. Hopefully I'll find the time to do all the things I had planned on doing down here.
Wait a second.
I hadn't planned on doing anything! There are a few people I'd like to see, but I'm not really in the shopping/museum/standing-in-front-of-the-palace-waiting-to-see-the-king mood. I've done that before, so I'd rather just walk around (hopefully in the sun) and hang out with Hans Olav and others. Hans, for those of you who don't know, is my AFS brother. He lived with us in Duluth in 1996-1997 and I haven't gotten to spend an extended period of time with him since then. He said I could stay at his apartment in Tøyen, so here I am. Hans looks pretty much the same, except his hair is getting long. He showed me pictures and told stories of his seven-month stay in Afghanistan last year, which was completely fascinating. Really amazing. He and I and his sister, Eli Marie, made dinner together last night, which was very nice. And tonight my friend Thomas is gonna call after work and we'll undounbtedly find something fun to do. I'll keep you posted. More Oslo adventures will come later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home