a thousand miles behind

Friday, November 25, 2005

my onjo

Since I hate the word "blog," and since my friend Reidun kindly informed me that "online journal" was too pretentious, I was delighted when she also offered up a good alternative: "onjo." You know, a combination of "online" and "journal." It retains that same internet nerdiness while not being nearly as irritating.

I have also decided that while bottom-up styles of conflict resolution will ultimately be the most successful, epsecially in identity/secession conflicts, the "bottoms up" style would be equally successful...the parties involved in the conflict would simply drink themselves into peaceful oblivion, promising to be best friends forever.

Bånnski!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger leah said...

    The "bottoms-up" style of conflict resolution has long been used in Finnish culture. See also: ice fishing, sausage grilling, and going to sauna.

     
  • At 8:38 AM , Blogger whereonearth said...

    From an authentic Finnish perspective I would like to conclude that the "bottoms-up" style has been tested and found successful!

    Can´t wait to bring that up in the oral exam..=)

    -MJ

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home