a thousand miles behind

Monday, December 19, 2005

not so lonely in tromso


Most of my friends have gone home for the holidays...some to other countries, others just to another city/town/village in Norway. I was prepared for a few loooong, lonely days in Tromso, but luckily - and to my pleasure - I have been keeping very busy. Maybe too busy. I have been running errands, looking for and making inexpensive but creative Christmas gifts, reading aloud from The Body Silent onto an Mp3 recorder, transcribing interviews, eating salmon with Silje and her folks, and baking with Tove and Espen (and Curt, when he ventured into the kitchen.) Contrary to popular belief, I am becoming a bread-baking expert. And when I say "bread," I really mean "boller/roles," and when I say "expert," I really mean "novice." Oh well. I can knead with the best of 'em.

Yesterday there was a bright full moon out at noon, and it had settled itself between two houses up on Kongsbakken. I tried to capture it in a picture, but it is much more vivid in my memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home