a thousand miles behind

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

norsk christmas makes me itch

Christmas in Norway is really long...which is both good and bad. I think it is great that the parties and good food and great company last longer than two days, and it is a natural build up into the New Year...one enormous party, if you will.
But, it also means that you have to wear tights a lot. Every day is a dress up day and I have to admit that in the last few years I have not been much of a dress up girl. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy dressing up every now and then, but I start running out of clothes fast. Like after the first day. And tights itch. And they serve as an uncomfortable reminder of the fact that waistlines tend to expand a bit during the Holidays....as if we all didn't know that already and somehow needed a circulation-cutting piece of nylon around our midsections that says "Hey! You sure are eating a lot of salmon and cookies and stuff!" Thanks, tights. You're coming off and I'm not putting you on until next Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home