a thousand miles behind

Thursday, April 06, 2006

watch out ancestors, here I come

I'll turn in my exams tomorrow and then catch a plane to Oslo. I get to hang out with Andre and see his new apartment and then catch a train to Sweden on Saturday morning. And my grandparents are coming, too! So I won't be able to write for a little while, but I'll have lots of ancestor/heritage/roots stories when I get back. And then it's off to Sortland/Lofoten to see my friend Anne and her family. This adventure includes a six hour car trip with a crazy Swedish baker named Daniel. Word.

Happy Easter, by the way.
And speaking of Easter, I advise you all to read the best thing ever written about the holiday. You can find it in David Sedaris' book "Me Talk Pretty One Day." I won't tell you where this excerpt is in the book because the whole book is worth reading. You'll laugh until you pee your pants.

PS: I'd just like to add that this excerpt I speak so fondly of involves the phrase "two morsels of wood." Oh heavens....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home