a thousand miles behind

Thursday, February 02, 2006

evil before bed

Reading From Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil right before going to bed last night wasn't a great idea. I think reading about the horrors of evil would be less haunting than reading about its banality. I was trying to fall asleep, and the only thing I could think about was how evil and violence is so "normal" that it's hard to even give a shit about it.
But I'm supposed to. And so are you.

On a lighter note - quite literally - the sun now rises between 9 and 10 am and stays up for a good five to six hours. Don't let me fool you...the sun has done everything but show its face in Tromso since August 15th, but you get my point. It's lighter, at least.

We have a good six hours of lecture today before Scott and I head off to meet the American ambassador to Norway at a reception in his honor at the fancy Rica Ishavshotel. He's a Republican, but we'll give him a chance. Especially if we get free dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home