a thousand miles behind

Monday, January 09, 2006

nose to the grindstone

Tomorrow is the start of semester two, and I head into it with a sense of optimism. I will be taking two classes: Conflcit Resolution/Conflict Transformation and an anthropology course about cultural violence. I would like to take more, but I think I need to spend some time thinking about my thesis topic and making solid research plans for the summer and next year. I'll also be doing the telemedisin job...no, still don't know what telemedisin is...and the transcription job will continue for a little while longer, as well. I think it will be a good and busy semester, and the fact that it is getting lighter everyday and that the film festival starts soon are major plusses. Not that I can afford a pass to the festival or anything. But I do look forward to the extra people and the atmosphere of it all.

On the down side, Hanne and I are in search of a new roommate. Andre (the big jerk) got a great job in Oslo and is moving down south shortly. He'll continue with the program here, but from a distance. So, if any of you know of someone who doesn't smell bad, is generally neat and tidy, and who would like to live in a fabulous apartment in downtown Tromso, let me know.
(We still love you, Andre...even if you are taking the kjøleskap and the micro.)

Later.

PS: Tusen takk for the package, Grandma and Grandpa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home