a thousand miles behind

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

colors and eggs

The light is getting longer in the North.
Yesterday was the best.
If you looked south, the sky was pink and red and purple. If you looked north and west, it was this color blue that I swear you'll only ever see in the Arctic during the winter. It is kind of "smurf" blue, or the color of the busses here in town when they're clean. It's a rich blue that is infused with a little red, and it is so vivid that you feel like you can reach out and grab a fistful of it in your hand....and then smear it on the wall.

I made an omellete for dinner last night, and as ridiculous as it seems, I had never made one before. In fact, I don't particularly like eggs, but it sounded good. I remember that Mom would crack two eggs into the red mug with little white hearts on it and then beat them for a little bit with a fork. Her omellete's are always perfect, so maybe I forgot to add something. Mine looked like crap, but it tasted great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home