a thousand miles behind

Thursday, February 15, 2007

the bottomless pit

I've been in the States for 48 hours and have already consumed enough comfort food to last me until June...or tomorrow, when I plan on eating some more comfort food. Tove and I and our friend/co-worker, Randi, went to Threadgills for dinner last night. It's apparently quite the Austin establishment. Here's what I ate (and mind you, I had not eaten much at all during the previous 48 hours, so I was kind of hungry) : A large hickory burger with loads of bbq sauce, cheddar cheese, and bacon, and instead of fries on the side I opted for something else from the "vegetables" category on the menu: macaroni and cheese (they really do call it a veggie). Plus two margaritas, a popover, and some strawberry/rhubarb pie. I ate it all and had enough energy left over to sing along with every song the Bealtes cover band played. It was delightful.

I gave my presentation today and was very pleased with how it went. It was a relatively small group, but the three of us presenters complemented each other very nicely. The people in attendance seemed to enjoy it.

I head to Arizona tomorrow and can't wait to see my family!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    hei!
    kan du sende meg teksterna till yourguide?

    kram
    daniel
    redaktor@grusweb.net

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home