a thousand miles behind

Sunday, February 11, 2007

disqualified!

Today was the day: the Norwegian reindeer racing championships down main street in Tromsø. I'd waited for this day for a year. Despite the fact that I'm trying to get myself on a plane to the U.S. tomorrow morning and have packing and tons of other stuff to do, I HAD to see the races. And this year I got video footage! It's incredible!

I also found out from Tove that her favorite reindeer from last year had been disqualified. What? A reindeer disqualified? I assumed that it must have done something bad...like hired a hit man to smash the other reindeer's knees. Or taken steroids.
Nope.
It was a Finnish reindeer. No Finnish reindeer allowed in the Norwegian championship, duh.

So I'm off to Texas tomorrow. Wish me luck. I still haven't finished my presentation and have nothing to wear. So I guess I'll just stand naked in front of everyone and sing them some Roxette.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM , Blogger Silje said...

    Haha that will do it! "...Sleeping in my car I will undress you sleeping in my car I will caress you..." =) I'm sure you'll do fine. Will send you some magic thoughts! (Do not underestimate my magic thoughts.) And hey when you come back let's go have a beer and perform a joyride-karaoke. Join the joyride... and good luck and happy travels!

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger Scott D. Meyer said...

    are you going to play the "Roxanne/Put on a Red Light Game?" I forget which one is more often, but I'll grab a Mack and be Red Light. God tur.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home