a thousand miles behind

Sunday, September 17, 2006

data entry and the unaccompanied cello (the beat of the suite)

5, 5, 4, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 1, 3, 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5...

If I listen to music with words, then I want to sing along - which means all the numbers get messed up. Bach is a good solution to this problem because I can say the numbers along to the beat. And mundane data entry suddenly becomes real dramatic. Sometimes when I get to the end of a page and it coincides with the end of a movement I throw my hands up into the air like I'm conducting my computer. I guess it's pretty nerdy, but when you get glasses at the age of two, you pretty much just have to deal with the fact that you are a nerd. Albeit a super cool nerd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home