a thousand miles behind

Thursday, September 14, 2006

killing the blues

Scott and I had our first "gig" last night. We were the first act in the first Hugin's Report of the year - (it's a weekly student showcase/open mic type-thing.) Scott played guitar and harmonica while I sang John Prine's Killing the Blues. This was a particularly fitting song choice because I bought Shawn Colvin's cd - where she covers Killing the Blues - while I was in Tromsø for the film fest in 2000 with my media class from Alta Videregående. I walked around this town listening to that cd the whole week and I still can't listen to any of those songs without thinking about Tromsø in January. We did a pretty nice job last night, I think. Next up: Homeboy Bob Dylan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home