a thousand miles behind

Thursday, June 14, 2007

flag day?




Today is Flag Day.
Now, I don’t really know what that means.
I think we are supposed to celebrate the flag.
Or something.
But I have always known the day better as my mom’s birthday.
Yes, today is June 14th and it is Kathleen’s birthday!
She’s a better reason to celebrate than the flag.

My mom, the former Richfield High cheer leader extraordinaire, exceptional cook, registered home health care nurse, jazzercise expert, (soon-to-be) drummer, Motown-lover, fast-walker, cozy-nest-maker, father-daughter look-alike contest winner, advice-giver, blonde babe has a birthday today.

I wish everyone could be lucky enough to have – or even just know – a mom like mine. She is one of the most compassionate, patient, and generous people I know.
I strive to be like her.

Happy birthday, mom.

Love from R

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home