a thousand miles behind

Monday, May 01, 2006

mn on tv

Last evening Tove, Curt, Espen, Lars, Kjersti, Scott, Hanne, and I watched the last ever episode of "Typisk Norsk" on NRK1. We had a little party with cinnamon buns and tea - very extreme. The episode featured the Norwegian language in Minnesota and it was the closest I had been to home in nine months. There were familiar places, familiar faces, and the final segment in the show was of Skogfjorden friends at Det Hvite Slottet in Minneapolis singing A-ha's "Take on Me" - in Norwegian. You will probably be able to watch this episode online by searching for "Typisk Norsk" and clicking on the episode that aired on April 30th. It's pretty excellent.

Now I am going to ride my bike home in the warm sunlight on this beautiful Norwegian Labor Day. The flags are flying, the people are out, the businesses are closed. I want a hotdog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home