a thousand miles behind

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

my absent absentee ballot

I forgot to send in an absentee ballot - which makes me feel kind of crappy. But did you know that they only count the absentee ballots if it's a really tight race? And since I expect the democrats to take the republicans to the cleaners this time around, my ballot wouldn't have been counted anyway. If you ask me, this whole "not counting absentee ballots in a close race" thing is probably just another republican gimmick when you take into consideration the fact that people who chose to live abroad probably lean more to the left than they do to the right.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM , Blogger stian said...

    I am disappointed.

     
  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

    hey, did you know a guy named "collin peterson" won for something?!? crazy.

     
  • At 1:38 PM , Blogger Brian and Alison said...

    i neglected to do mine, too. we should form an "i don't live up to my civic duties" club. or maybe support group.

    i don't know if i'm sad or glad to know i wasn't the only one.

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger jana said...

    That makes at least four Minnesotans I know of who did not send in their absentee ballots. Shame, shame. In the big picture, I would say that November 8 was the best Christmas ever, even if Pawlenty is still the governor of Minnesota.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home